The Wylie Inn and Conference Center at Endicott College currently consists of two buildings - Tupper Manor and The Conference Center.
The name "Tupper Hall" (now known as Tupper Manor) comes from the second president of Endicott College, Dr. Eleanor Tupper. The College purchased Tupper in 1943 from the Allan family, founders of the Canadian shipping company Allan Shipping Lines. Since then, Tupper Hall has been used as an Endicott College residence hall and as the home for the College’s School of Hospitality. Today, Tupper Manor is an important part of the Wylie Conference Center complex.
The mansion features dining on the ground floor and meeting space on the second floor. On weekends, it is popular for weddings serviced by the Wylie Conference Center dedicated culinary staff. The College extensively renovated Tupper over the last two years, returning it to its beautiful charm, while creating great conference meeting space with wireless internet and built-in A/V on the second floor. There are 3,000 square feet of conference space in Tupper consisting of 8 meeting rooms. Tupper Manor can accommodate dining for up to 200 guests on the ground floor, which has 4,100 square feet. The Tupper kitchen provides food & beverage service for the conference center, weddings and social events.
The Conference Center’s primary meeting space is a separate building next to Tupper Manor and was originally Endicott College's gymnasium. The College turned this gymnasium into a brand new, state-of-the-art three-story Conference Center with 14,600 square feet of meeting space consisting of 16 meeting rooms, a 115-seat auditorium and a tiered-classroom seminar room (designed especially for laptop computer training) with 28 seats.
Total Tupper Manor and Conference Center meeting space is 17,500 square feet. The College has begun construction of 92 guest rooms adjacent to the Conference Center this fall, to be completed by fall 2007.