Museums near Beverly, MA
There is no shortage of fine the fine arts in and around the Boston area and Beverly, Massachusetts is home to a number of them. Rich in history and of course witchcraft, our area hosts a number of fine museums for you to enjoy:
- Beverly Historical Society- The Society conserves and interprets the Balch House, Hale Farm, and the Cabot House-all historic properties; as well as offers an array of community programs.
- Peabody Essex Museum-Enjoy one of the nation's important museums for Native American art, Ocean art, Asian art- including Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Indian art; along with an upscale collection of Asian Export and 19th-century Asian photography.
- House of Seven Gables-Tour the infamous home and learn about two prosperous merchant families, the Turners and Ingersolls, as well as Salem’s maritime history and Nathaniel Hawthorne’s connection to this home; then enjoy the exhibits of some of the earliest Georgian-style interiors.
- Salem Witch Museum- The Salem Witch Museum examines one of the most fascinating events in American History...the Witch Trials of 1692.
- Salem Wax Museum-Enjoy all things spooky and scary at your one stop haunted neighborhood.
- Witch History Museum-Enjoy stories of witch times, told through live presentations and tours at the Witch History museum.
- New England Pirate Museum-The unknown history of New England sea-robbers comes alive at this unique Pirate Museum.
- Cape Ann Museum- This wonderful American Art museum features exhibits of the art and cultural history of maritime New England.
Hotels near Salem
Salem is an excellent day trip, but an even better overnight stay. If you plan on coming to Salem, Massachusetts to enjoy the wonderful museums our area has to offer you, make sure you stay with us here at the Wylie Inn and Conference Center. We look forward to hosting you soon!